- Baking Soda: This household staple works magic not just in cleaning your countertops and making cupcakes, but also in treating your acne scars. Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with olive oil to create an exfoliator. The olive oil will aid in removing your dead skin cells, lightening your dark acne scars and moisturising your face.
- Aloe Vera: The wonders of this backyard plant doesn’t stop in hydration; it also accelerates the healing of your acne scars by strengthening the structure of collagen in your skin. Say goodbye to scarring, and hello to glowing skin!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This acts as an astringent and also strips off your dead skin cells, revealing fresher, more even skin and lighter acne scars. You may mix it with water or honey, then use a cotton ball to dab it on the affected area and wait for it to dry.
- Coconut Oil: Don’t be surprised that coconut oil will help you with scarring, along with all the other things it can do! It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce your acne scars. Apply an ample amount of coconut oil on your face and leave it on overnight, then, wash it off once you wake up in the morning.
- Dermal Fillers: For particularly dented acne scars, you may want to consider dermal fillers. Juvederm, an FDA-approved dermal filler, contains hyaluronic acid that hydrates the skin and helps restore the fullness and smoothness of the surface – thus leveling even deep-pitted scars on the skin.
- Microneedling: This treatment stimulates your body’s natural healing process. It involves penetrating your dermis with microneedles to promote the growth of collagen and elastin. Although it’s invasive, it solves a multitude of skin problems, including but not limited to scarring and wrinkles.
- Chemical Peels: Using a chemical solution, the outer layer of your skin is removed through peeling, unraveling smoother skin with less apparent scarring. Medium to strong peels can produce fresh skin cells, and repeated treatment can result to overall improvement and reduction of your acne scars.
There you have it! Now you have a variety of acne scar remedies to choose from. Remember to consult your dermatologist first to determine the best treatment for your skin.